Tuesday through Saturday - 10am - 2pm
*CLOSED Sundays and Mondays*
Canyon Lake Animal Shelter Society
C.L.A.S.S. is open to all who are interested and support our purpose. If you would like to give your support by volunteering, we invite you to participate in a rewarding and fulfilling experience working with and for our animals.
There are many opportunities for volunteers, both at the shelter and out in the community.
In order to participate in the C.L.A.S.S. Volunteer Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request Volunteer Application or stop by the shelter and pick one up. Once approved you will be scheduled for orientation.
- FRIENDS of CLASS.: Join the volunteer group and get notification of all upcoming adoption events and of all shelter needs as they arise. Drop an email to email@example.com to join.
VOLUNTEER HOURS: Approved Volunteers are welcomed Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. to walk dogs, help with dishes, laundry, trash, cleaning kennels, as well as other tasks as needed.
FOSTER HOMES: A foster home is a temporary home (usually 2 to 6 weeks) for an animal before adoption. These animals are too young, need socialization, or are recovering from illness or injury, and need special attention that prevents them from being adoptable at that time. Foster homes are always needed for both kittens and dogs. Click here for theFoster Application.
- ADOPTION EVENTS: Watch the C.L.A.S.S. website and Facebook page for upcoming adoption events. We always need handlers to assist with the dogs and cats that we bring to these events. The more volunteers the more pets we can bring!
- FUNDRAISING: Want to run a fundraiser for the shelter? We are always looking for ways to raise money for the shelter. The shelter is run solely on donations so fundraisers are very important. Just contact C.L.A.S.S. with your ideas.
- GRANT WRITERS: There are many available grants for non profit organizations. If you have experience in grant writing you can help C.L.A.S.S. secure these much needed funds.
- MARKETING: Interested in helping get the word out about C.L.A.S.S.? We are always looking for new ways to promote C.L.A.S.S. and our animals.
Whatever time you can give the shelter, for whatever task, your time and energy is invaluable!