Canyon Lake Animal Shelter Society
2170 Old Sattler Road, Startzville, TX 78133
Adoption Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5pm
Volunteer Hours: Tues, Wed., Sat. 10:30-12:30pm
C.L.A.S.S. is open to all who are interested and support our purpose. If you would like to give your support by volunteering, we invite you to participate in a rewarding and fulfilling experience working with and for our animals.
There are many opportunities for volunteers, both at the shelter and out in the community.
- FRIENDS of CLASS.: Join the volunteer group and get notification of all upcoming adoption events and of all shelter needs as they arise. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
CAT/KITTEN ENRICHMENT/SOCIALIZATION: Playing, sitting and grooming the cats/kitten can be done during our regular hours of 10-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR THE DOGS: Volunteers are welcomed Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturdays to work with the dogs. Dogs can be taken into the play yards, groomed or simply just some snuggle time.
WAGG'N DOG WALKERS: Wednesday and Saturday mornings meet at the shelter at 8:15am to assist the Volunteer Coordinator in walking the dogs. The walk is about 1.5 miles and if time permits, a second batch of dogs are walked as well. Please be prompt so we can get as many dogs walked as possible. Groups must call ahead. (Must wear closed toe shoes.)
FOSTER HOMES: A foster home is a temporary home (usually 2 to 6 weeks) for an animal before adoption. These animals are too young, need socialization, or are recovering from illness or injury, and need special attention that prevents them from being adoptable at that time. Foster homes are always needed for both kittens and dogs. Click here for theFoster Application.
- ADOPTION EVENTS: Watch the C.L.A.S.S. website and Facebook page for upcoming adoption events. We always need handlers to assist with the dogs and cats that we bring to these events. The more volunteers the more pets we can bring!
- FUNDRAISING: Want to run a fundraiser for the shelter? We are always looking for ways to raise money for the shelter. The shelter is run solely on donations so fundraisers are very important. Just contact C.L.A.S.S. with your ideas.
- GRANT WRITERS: There are many available grants for non profit organizations. If you have experience in grant writing you can help C.L.A.S.S. secure these much needed funds.
- MARKETING: Interested in helping get the word out about C.L.A.S.S.? We are always looking for new ways to promote C.L.A.S.S. and our animals.
Whatever time you can give the shelter, for whatever task, your time and energy is invaluable!
In order to participate in the C.L.A.S.S. Volunteer Program, minors (under 18 years old) are required to obtain parental consent by having their legal guardian complete the PARENTAL CONSENT & RELEASE FOR MINOR VOLUNTEERS form. Click here for the form - Minor Release Form